Like many community organizations, Home Health & Hospice relies upon the generosity of our friends and neighbors, not only for financial support but also for in-kind donations, especially for our Hospice and Palliative Care programs and McClure Miller Respite House.
Because of your outstanding generosity, we’re currently unable to accept the in-kind donations listed below, but ask that you to consider instead a financial gift in the amount you’re able to contribute. No gift is too small. Please contact our Development team at Donate@UVMHomeHealth.org or (802) 860-1900 x3812 to learn about other ways of contributing and supporting the health care journeys of our friends and neighbors. We thank you for thinking of us.
Wish List (donations currently on hold)
- Gift cards: Amazon, Best Buy, Shaw’s, Hannaford, Price Chopper, Costco, Barnes & Noble, Lowes, Walmart, Lunaroma, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Phoenix Books, Flying Pig, Michaels, AC Moore
- Brightly colored bath towels, washcloths
- Unisex, brightly colored sheets (cotton, XL, twin deep)
- Maple syrup or coffee (unflavored, ground, regular and decaf)
If you have an item not listed above, or have a larger-sized item or multiple items, please call (802) 383-2903 or email Madeline.Sullivan-Drake@uvmhomehealth.org.
- WE’RE SORRY, BUT WE CANNOT ACCEPT: Household decorations, plants, games, toys, puzzles, used books, medications, used personal care items, used bedding, quilts, handmade blankets/items, kitchen pots, pans, dishes, utensils, specialty medical supplies, medical equipment, needles or sharps.
- TREE OF REMEMBRANCE: Add your loved one’s name to one of the hand-engraved stainless steel birds that adorn the striking tree-shaped sculpture at the Respite House entrance for a donation of $500.
- HOLIDAY OFFERING: Send a contribution and help light the Respite House during the holidays.
- MATCHING GIFTS: Many employers match staff charitable contributions. Check with your Human Resources department for the appropriate form.
- HONORIAL/MEMORIAL GIFTS: These gifts may be made any time and are a wonderful way to recognize a special person. Donors can name the McClure Miller Respite House in a family member’s obituary or make their annual gift in their name.
- ENDOWMENTS: All donations are invested, and interest earned supports the McClure Miller Respite House long into the future.
- LEGACY GIFTS: Include a gift to the Respite House in your will when you name it as the beneficiary of an insurance policy or IRA. Or, establish a charitable trust or annuity to benefit the McClure Miller Respite House. Either way, you can help ensure the future of our program for many years to come.
- SUPPORT AN EVENT OR HOLD YOUR OWN: Our annual 5K Fun Run & Walk offers our community the chance to support Respite House. Participants collect money from sponsors. Businesses can underwrite event costs or teams.
- If you prefer, consider hosting your own event — a bake sale, a bowling outing, a golf tournament. Grab some friends and turn an activity you love into a way to honor a loved one and support the Respite House. Learn more at www.uvmhomehealth.org/donations/host-a-fundraising-event-to-benefit-home-health-hospice.
Please email Donate@UVMHomeHealth.org or call (802) 860-1900, x3812 for additional information. Thank you for thinking of us.