UVM Health Network – Home Health & Hospice programs rely on the generosity of our community not only for financial support but also for timely in-kind donations, especially for our Hospice and Palliative Care programs, Adult Day program and the McClure Miller Respite House. If you would like to support a program by making an in-kind donation, please consider the items suggested below specific for each program. Thank you.
- Gift cards: Amazon, Best Buy, Shaw’s, Hannaford, Price Chopper, Costco, Barnes & Noble, Lowes, Walmart, Lunaroma, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Phoenix Books, Flying Pig, Michaels, AC Moore
- Brightly colored bath towels, washcloths
- Unisex, brightly colored sheets (cotton, XL, twin deep)
- Maple syrup or coffee (unflavored, ground, regular and decaf)
If you have an item not listed above, or have a larger-sized item or multiple items, please call (802) 383-2903 or email Madeline.Sullivan-Drake@uvmhomehealth.org.
- WE’RE SORRY, BUT WE CANNOT ACCEPT: Household decorations, plants, games, toys, puzzles, used books, medications, used personal care items, used bedding, quilts, handmade blankets/items, kitchen pots, pans, dishes, utensils, specialty medical supplies, medical equipment, needles or sharps.
- TREE OF REMEMBRANCE: Add your loved one’s name to one of the hand-engraved stainless steel birds that adorn the striking tree-shaped sculpture at the Respite House entrance for a donation of $500.
- HOLIDAY OFFERING: Send a contribution and help light the Respite House during the holidays.
- MATCHING GIFTS: Many employers match staff charitable contributions. Check with your Human Resources department for the appropriate form.
- HONORIAL/MEMORIAL GIFTS: These gifts may be made any time and are a wonderful way to recognize a special person. Donors can name the McClure Miller Respite House in a family member’s obituary or make their annual gift in their name.
- ENDOWMENTS: All donations are invested, and interest earned supports the McClure Miller Respite House long into the future.
- LEGACY GIFTS: Include a gift to the Respite House in your will when you name it as the beneficiary of an insurance policy or IRA. Or, establish a charitable trust or annuity to benefit the McClure Miller Respite House. Either way, you can help ensure the future of our program for many years to come.
- SUPPORT AN EVENT OR HOLD YOUR OWN: Our annual 5K Fun Run & Walk offers our community the chance to support Respite House. Participants collect money from sponsors. Businesses can underwrite event costs or teams.
- If you prefer, consider hosting your own event — a bake sale, a bowling outing, a golf tournament. Grab some friends and turn an activity you love into a way to honor a loved one and support the Respite House. Learn more at www.uvmhomehealth.org/donations/host-a-fundraising-event-to-benefit-home-health-hospice.
Please email Donate@UVMHomeHealth.org or call (802) 860-1900, x3812 for additional information. Thank you for thinking of us.