What Are Video Visits?
Video visits are secure online appointments between you and your provider, available from the comfort of your home. You can access your appointment using a computer, tablet or smartphone, allowing you and your provider to see, hear and speak to each other in real time. Video visits are private and are not recorded.
The UVM Health Network – Home Health & Hospice has been offering video visits as a convenient, safe and secure care option to our patients for years. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have expanded this offering to meet our patients’ care needs.
How Can a Video Visit Help Me?
- Convenience: You can access real-time health care in the comfort of your home, at a time that works for your schedule.
- Provider Access: Through a video visit, you’ll be able to benefit from the wide network of highly skilled providers in the network, no matter where you’re located.
- Security: We use HIPAA-compliant videoconferencing technology to protect your privacy and the security of your health information.
- Priority: You can quickly connect with a trusted provider when health concerns arise.
Your video visit will take place on your choice of smartphone, computer or tablet, either through MyChart or Zoom. Your provider’s office will give you details on how to access your visit after you make your appointment.
To learn more about each type of video visit, click on the links below. If you need technical assistance please call our Patient Technology Helpline at (802) 847-1830.
MyChart Video Visits
Zoom Video Visit – Desktop
Zoom Video Visit – Mobile
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set up a video visit?
What conditions can be treated in a video visit?
Are phone visits available?
Do I need special technology for a video visit?
Does insurance cover video visits?
Are video visits private, or can others see me?
Will my video visit be recorded?
Is technical support available?
Are interpreter services available in video visits?
What if my condition requires an in-person visit?
Can my family member or caretaker participate in my video visit with me?
Are video visits secure?
Video Visit Instructions
To ensure your video visit goes smoothly, here are a few things you can do in advance to make sure you’re set up for your appointment.
1. If you plan to use a smartphone or tablet, please download the free Zoom app. The app can be downloaded through the App Store or Google Play. If using a computer, no download is required – you can access Zoom from your browser.
2. Test Zoom, as well as your internet connection, on your device 24 hours before your appointment. You can join a test meeting on the Zoom website to make sure your system is working. If you are having technical difficulties or questions, please contact us at (802) 860-4465.
3. Find a quiet, private room with no distractions. Try to sit with a light source directed at you, and do not sit with a window behind you. Adjust your camera to eye level.
4. When you’re ready to begin your appointment, please open the confirmation email from your provider’s office and click “Join Zoom Meeting.” If prompted, enter the meeting ID provided in the email invitation.
5. During your appointment, maintain eye contact with your provider and speak clearly, with a normal tone and volume.
If you have questions about your appointment, please contact us at (802) 860-4465.