Your care is overseen by UVM Health Network Home Health & Hospice’s certified wound and ostomy care nurses who have specialized training to assess and treat complex wounds and provide comprehensive ostomy care in the home. Our specialists coordinate care with your physician and consult with your home health team regarding the best strategies for healing. When wounds heal quickly, without complications, you can resume normal activities, regain your independence and improve your overall quality of life.
When Wound Care is Right for You
- Post-surgical wounds
- Slow-healing or problematic wounds
- Diabetes-related wounds
- Difficulty with mobility and cannot comfortably travel to outpatient facility or physician office
Wound Care Services
- Care for your wounds, including cleaning and changing wound dressings
- Medication review and help managing your daily regimen
- Education on how to change wound dressings, monitor your process and manage your pain
Frequently Asked Questions
Who provides the care?
When is home health care available?
What if my wound gets worse, or I am in a lot of pain, before my next scheduled visit?
How do I access home health services?
How do I pay for home health services?
Have questions about our wound and ostomy care services?
Call a UVM Health Network Home Health & Hospice Nurse, or use the contact form to the upper right.(802) 860-4400