- Nominees must be a Vermont resident, organization, or group doing work in Vermont.
- Nominated individuals, groups, or organizations must reflect the original mission, vision, and intent of Dr. Jim Madison and Dr. Robert Deane.
- Excellence is evidenced in the following areas:
- A catalyst for the acceptance of death as a natural part of life
- A leader for education, information and resources relevant to end-of-life issues
- Support those who create and encourage dialog about how individuals and families face life-threatening illness
- Recipient must not have received the award in the past.
How to Nominate an Individual, Group or Organization
Nominations for individuals, groups or organizations that meet the criteria listed above may be submitted using this form. Nominations for the 2022 Madison-Deane Award for Excellence in End-of-Life Care are being accepted through February 28, 2023.