Per Diem Caregivers needed
The University of Vermont Health Network Home Health & Hospice is looking for compassionate and reliable caregivers. We believe that our Personal Care Attendants (PCAs) provide some of the most important services to the community. PCAs help our clients with tasks such as:
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping & laundry
- Grocery shopping
- Bathing & personal hygiene
- Dressing & transfers
We provide all the tools you will need for this job: paid training program, supplies, ongoing professional development and opportunities for advancement in the field of health care. We are looking for exceptional caregivers who:
- Have a passion for caregiving and want to help others
- Have a strong work ethic and commitment to their job
- Place a priority on providing quality care
Do you have a special way of taking care of others? Maybe you've been a family caregiver or you're a real “people person” and you want to make a difference. This is not just a job, it's a calling, and it's one you can be proud of each and every day. This is a rewarding position that enable clients to remain independent at home, living a full life.
Caregivers without experience start at $11.00, with consideration given for prior professional experience.
A professional caregiver's typical day might include dressing, bathing, grooming, housekeeping, meal planning & preparation, transportation, and toileting for multiple clients per day / week. The nature of the work brings you into people's homes and this requires sensitivity and understanding that differentiates this role from many others. Paid Training is provided.
- Flexible part-time schedules allow for balance in your work and home life.
- $11/hour to start and regularly scheduled raises
- Mileage and travel time reimbursement
- Shift differentials
- Paid training
- 403(b) retirement plan available
- Employee referral bonus program
*Additional benefits may be available depending upon specific position and average hours worked.
- Complete the following background checks: Criminal, DMV, VT Adult Abuse & Child Protection Registry and the Federal OIG Registry
- Requires a driver’s license, valid auto insurance and a reliable vehicle
- Ability to treat and care for all clients with dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Successful completion of a PCA class which is paid for and provided by Home Health & Hospice
To apply please email Careers@UVMhomehealth.org