Home Health & Hospice is following guidelines set by the State of Vermont that determine when Vermont residents are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Right now, the vaccine is available to those who are 75 and over. If you are in this age group, homebound and a current Home Health & Hospice patient, we are working to provide you with a vaccination if you want to receive one.
There is no need for you to call us. If you are eligible to receive the vaccine, we will reach out to you personally.
For up-to-date information on coronavirus and the vaccine, please go to https://www.uvmhealth.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/vermont. Understandably, Vermonters have questions about COVID-19 vaccinations. Here at Home Health & Hospice:
- We are not currently vaccinating the general public.
- We are preparing to vaccinate current Home Health & Hospice patients who are homebound, meet State of Vermont eligibility requirements, and choose to be vaccinated. If you meet these requirements, we will contact you directly.
- We are awaiting guidance from the state and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the timing and availability of vaccines.
- We are not scheduling or taking appointments for vaccinations.
- We are working closely with our partners at The University of Vermont Health Network, Vermont Department of Health and local emergency medical services (EMS) to prepare to vaccinate current eligible Home Health & Hospice patients.
- We are urging eligible Vermonters who are not currently Home Health & Hospice patients to register online at HealthVermont.gov/MyVaccine. If that is not an option, please make an appointment by calling (855) 722-7878.
Rest assured, we are working closely with the Vermont Department of Health, UVM Health Network colleagues and community partners to keep you informed and safe. We remain committed to the well-being of those in our care and are here for you now as we have been for more than a century.
Thank you for your understanding and continued faith in us.
More at HealthVermont.gov and at UVMHealth.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/vermont.