Home health services at UVM Health Network Home Health & Hospice can help you come home after your hospital stay or outpatient procedure. We want you to be as comfortable as possible following surgery and our home health team will work with you to develop a customized rehabilitation plan to help you return to your routine.
When Home Health is right for you
We strive to minimize your pain and suffering and provide support to maximize your independence. We specialize in recovery care or treatment for:
- Joint replacement
- Orthopedic surgery
- Cancer surgery
- Cardiovascular surgery
- Cardiac surgery
- Lung surgery
Home health services supporting recovery from surgery
Whether it’s a nurse to change the dressing on a wound or a physical therapist to help you recover your strength and balance, your UVM Health Network Home Health & Hospice will create a plan to allow you to recover in your own home. Specific care and services may include:
- Physical therapy for strength, balance, and mobility
- Occupational therapy to support adjustments needed in your routine activities
- Chronic and acute pain management
- Medication review and help with managing a daily regimen
- Wound and incision care to facilitate healing and prevent complications
- Home safety assessment to identify and remove risks for falls
- Licensed Nursing Assistants (LNAs) to help with personal care and exercise regimens, taking vital signs and monitoring medications.
Working together, your UVM Health Network Home Health & Hospice team will help you return to your previous condition and activity as quickly as possible. No matter your need, the UVM Health Network Home Health & Hospice has home health nurses available seven days a week and an on-call service at night.
Have questions about services while you recover from surgery?
Call a UVM Health Network Home Health & Hospice Nurse, or use the contact form to the upper right.(802) 860-4400