Weekend Nurse, RN - Hospice & Palliative Care
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday; 8am - 4:30pm
32hrs/wk / Full Time / Benefitted
The Hospice & Palliative Care Nurse, RN provides a full range of skilled nursing care to terminally ill patients in a home care setting, under moderate to minimal clinical supervision, with a focus on patient education and palliative care to meet the physical and emotional needs of patients, while educating and providing support to families.
We at the UVM Health Network Home Health & Hospice help people live their fullest lives by providing innovative, high-value, compassionate care wherever they call home. We strive to provide care that is nonjudgmental and honors diversity, recognizes the unique preferences and values of each individual and recognizes the abilities and strengths of each individual. Our staff does their utmost to build trusting relationships based on listening, empathy and understanding, and personify the qualities of excellence and professionalism in all areas of UVM Home Health & Hospice work.
- Provide skilled nursing care and emotional support to terminally ill patients in their homes
- Admit patients and conduct comprehensive initial in-home assessments
- Manage a caseload of patients, including developing appropriate care plans and revising as circumstances change, scheduling visits, etc.
- Plan and coordinate a variety of services for patients provided by UVM Home Health & Hospice and other community health care, human service, and hospice organizations.
- Prepare all required clinical and administrative documentation related to assigned activities, including admissions write-ups, chart notes, documentation of conversations, care plans, and the like, adhering to all relevant legal regulations, technical requirements of government Agencies, internal procedures, and professional standards
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- One or more years of directly related home, public health or hospice nursing experience preferred