Figuring out how to manage your chronic illness or a long-term disability can often be overwhelming. Your UVM Health Network – Home Health & Hospice can work with you to help manage the impact of your condition, regain your independence and achieve the best possible health and quality of life. Our nurse-led teams provide skilled home health care services and education to help you or your loved one who is learning to cope with the management of an illness or disease.
How our services can help you
Our specially-trained interdisciplinary team of care providers will coordinate with you and your physician to establish goals and tailor a comprehensive plan of care to meet your needs. Through coaching, education and advanced technology like telemonitoring, we’ll help you and your loved ones learn self-management skills to help you feel more confident with living with your disease.
Our care services for persons with an illness
- Assessment of physical status and vital signs
- Care coordination between UVM Health Network – Home Health & Hospice, your physician and other community services
- Education about your disease
- Assistance with managing your medications
- Support in activities of daily living such as bathing and dressing
- Social worker support, including advance directive planning and counseling for you and your family
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of illnesses or diseases can be helped by these services?
Who provides the care?
When is home health care available?
How do I access home health services?
How do I pay for home health services?
Have questions about managing your disease?
Call a UVM Health Network – Home Health & Hospice Nurse, or use the contact form to the upper right.(802) 860-4400