You are at the center of our Diabetic Care Program. Your home health team will work with you to develop manageable goals and a plan for care that will help you take control of your diabetes and develop healthy habits.
When Diabetes Care is Right for You
- New to insulin or insulin dependent
- Developed adult-onset diabetes
- Experiencing a complication, which has made it difficult to manage your diabetes
- Developing wounds as a result of your diabetes
Services for persons with Diabetes
- Insulin administration education focused on the right time and process for taking insulin, how to track your blood glucose levels and managing changes in your blood sugar
- Healthy eating education, including guidance on how to read food labels
- Consultations with a Registered Dietitian are available
- Medication review and help managing your daily regimen
- Telemonitor Support
- Care coordination between UVM Health Network – Home Health & Hospice, your physician and other health care providers
Frequently Asked Questions
Who provides the care?
When is home health care available?
How do I access home health services?
How do I pay for home health services?
Have questions about services for persons with diabetes?
Call a UVM Health Network – Home Health & Hospice Nurse, or use the contact form to the upper right.(802) 860-4400